Come on people – I just have to write a pointed post about this.
NLP is fart… stinky hot air…
Yes – NLP is making a lot of people a lot of money, but they are the NLP “Expert Practitioners” (which means they spent a week in a room osmosing regurgitatable bullshit.) and they are making money by pyramid scheme style proliferation of untested unproven somewhat ridiculous wank.
“Neuro-Linguistic Programming” is one of those “The Law Of Attraction” style hype names with absolutely no scientific basis.
- You aren’t programming anything
- It has nothing to do with neurons
“Linguistic” could be used in a name for NLP, but that name would have to be more like “hyping deficient linguistic accuracy
Props to the manipulative illiterate cash greedy motherfuckers that came up with the name, making dyslexia glamorous – its brilliant! It sounds like a controllable science…
A few points I would like to make:
- Isn’t your life brutally sad if you need to manipulate people to your will?
- Aren’t you a bit of an arsehole to be offering people a serving of bullshit under the guise of helping them? (This goes both for teaching NLP, and “practicing” NLP)
- Have you ever read NLP’ed sales copy? It just doesn’t make sense! Further, to completely debunk the concept, it doesn’t perform anywhere near as well as real English and traditional (linguistically accurate) sales copy in multivariate testing!
- What does linguistics have to do with body and eye movement? Linguitics relates to verbal communication, not body language?
There is nothing linguistic about what is being communicated by this old lady.. except for the linguistic interpretation… “Fuck You NLP Scammy Bastards”
As per religions, “the law of attraction” and all these other bullshit hypes, it requires a certain lack of emotional intelligence to have any belief or faith – it requires a wilful ignorance.
Wouldn’t the world be lovely if we could turn people into whatever we liked (refer to my post positively ignorant) and then (using NLP) manipulate our creations to suit our will… I was thinking that could be quite fun, but really if everyone has similar abilities it could become a complete riot!
I’m all for placebo – But I can’t stand a placebo which professes to be anything other than a placebo. Homeopathy for instance…
Acupressure… doesn’t cure your cold… even most acupuncturists (the ones who believe sticking needles in your body helps, which really only has measurable placebo effects) use acupressure only as a guidance for acupuncture.
Stops you getting another cold by making you look like such a gullible fool that you will never go outside without a coat again, for fear of further public ridicule… “Dude, you’ve got seeds stuck to your ear”